Image Map

A Crafty Afternoon.....Taking Time for Yourself......

8.04.2013

How often do we slow down and take care of ourselves by doing something that brings us joy and helps to refresh us?  Often we stay so busy with all the "stuff" in life that we don't think we have time to do yet one more thing.  But what if that "one more thing" is the thing that will refresh you and make you a better wife, a better mom, or a better employee.  We women are notorious for taking care of everyone except for ourselves.

I read an Etsy Blog last week about the importance of getting to our craft table or space to re-connect with the craft that brings us joy.  See more by going to this link:

I have started this week carving out time (small blocks of time is all you need) several days to sit at my craft table and create.  This does not mean sitting at computer working on blog, social networking, uploading cards to Etsy.  This means hands on crafting!  Today I blocked out two hours that I just completed and loved having that time!  I refused to feel guilty or drawn to "other things" that needed to be done.  In the process of making a custom card that was just ordered I developed a new type of card that I now want to make for my Etsy Store so it helped to bring me more creativity.

What is it that brings you joy, peace, enjoyment?  Take the time today to start "scheduling" it into your schedule and develop it as a habit.  Then come back and report to us about how it made you feel?  Did it change you in any way?





No comments:

Post a Comment