Image Map

Focusing on the Good

8.07.2013

"The eye is the lamp of the body.  If your eyes are healthy, your whole body will be full of light.  But if your eyes are unhealthy, your whole body will be full of darkness."  Matthew 6:22 (TNIV)

For as long as I can remember I have been a positive thinker, always doing my best to look at the best in situations and in people.  It started with my mom and the role model that she was for me and then my time selling Mary Kay built onto that foundation.  We are in control of what we allow into our minds, whether good or bad.  Though it may be difficult sometimes we need to block something coming in that is having a negative effect on us.  I surround myself with positive and outgoing people that help to grow me spiritually as well as grow me as a woman.  There are times when I have had to back away from a relationship with a person due to their negative attitude or comments.  You may need to do this in everyday in person relationships, but this also means that you need to look at your FaceBook newsfeed, your Tweets you receive and all the other social media that is entering our minds through our eyes.  

If your eyes are focusing on all the good things in life then your life will be good and it will be healthy. 

  I have this written in the margin of my Bible written regarding the above scripture.  I am unsure when I wrote it or if someone said it during a message.  Normally I write who said it so I am thinking.......possibly I thought of this during my quiet time and quickly jotted it down.  This morning as I was reading within Matthew this passage stood out to me and I felt led to share it here.  I hope it touched just one person and made you think as it did with me this morning.  Make it a GREAT day!  Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment