Image Map

Michael's Deals of the Week

7.31.2013


There are some great deals at Michael's this week!  First my plug for Bazzill Cardstock....I will not use any other cardstock in my card creations.  In my opinion there is not a higher quality cardstock on the market.  I previously had to purchase it at the scrapbook store for $$$$$$$.  Now it is available at Michaels for less and often is on sale like this week!  So lets take a look at the regular deals plus my bonus deal 8 minutes before they closed Sunday night.....


*Bazzill on sale 40% off

*Spellbinders and other die cutting items 40% off
*Additional 20% off total purchase Weekly Michael's coupons so that makes above items 60% off


Now you say what about the Tim Holtz items shown above.....this is the Mac Daddy Deal!  These are great items for masculine cards but I only buy them when they are on sale.  There was a sign that I thought said 40% off all Tim Holtz so I picked up these 4 packages (now wishing I had picked up many more!).  While at register the 40% wasn't coming off so I asked about it, manager came over scanned item, not showing up as on sale.  Manager had me walk him to display area.  The sign it turns out was from the week before and ACTUALLY read "Buy One Get One 50% off".  The manager said, I will just have her give you 50% off each package!  That's what I am talking about!  So total purchase for above items retail would have been around $90 and I paid $39!  



Lessons for today......



1.  Always watch cashier ringing up items wherever you are and ALWAYS ask questions when something doesn't look right.  Worse case scenario you misread a sale.  



2.  Go get you some 60% off Bazzill while it is this great price!



3.  Support your local scrapbook store for the many cool (and of course necessary) items not available at large craft stores in your area but be frugal with your money and save where you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment